GREAT.
So, I got everything figured out with my kids, went home, packed a bag, and went to the hospital. (Only like my 4th time going to the hospital this pregnancy? HAHA).
So, they started monitoring my blood pressure and had me start a 24 hour urine test. My blood pressure went down after about 45 minutes of laying down in the bed, which was nice, but they still needed to do the urine test. I was hooked up to the monitors and having contractions every 5 or so minutes, but nothing crazy painful.
They came in after about 3 hours and told me that I would actually need to go home, because the floor was completely full and they needed my room for someone that was actually having a baby (I was excited at this point). They told me to be on strict bed rest, and to complete my urine test at home, and come back the next night (Friday), for more monitoring.
So, there started the STRICT bed rest. It's hard to stay in bed other than to pee with 2 toddlers! Luckily I have awesome friends and an awesome mom who helped out A LOT.
So, I did what I was told, and headed back to the hospital friday night.
On the way into the hospital I happened to run into my OBGYN, she came up to me and said to expect to deliver next Friday, unless the tests came back bad today... AH!!!!
Friday night all the tests looked good, so they sent me home.
Monday, the doctor's office called me to check on me. I told them my blood pressure was fine as long as I was laying down (STILL ON STRICT BEDREST!), but I had had a headache since Saturday night. They sent me straight to the hospital again!
They tried to get my headache under control and gave me 3 different medicines and kept me there all day until my headache was gone. They didn't allow me to eat though, so I think that's why it wouldn't go away! Finally, after the third medicine, it went away and I got to go home.
The next day I got a call from the office that my induction was scheduled for Friday at 5 AM! I couldn't believe it! I was going to meet this baby bug of mine in just a few days!
Friday morning I got to the hospital at 5 AM and had such an awesome nurse. She got me all checked in and IV in in 40 minutes! (The first time I gave birth it took 2 hours to get an IV in me, and 4 nurses lol!). At 7 AM she finally got the OK to start me on pitocin. I was dilated to a 2, and 25 percent effaced.
The contractions were coming regularly, but honestly didn't hurt that bad. I'd been having painful contractions for MONTHS this pregnancy, so I wasn't too bothered by it. At 10:30 the nurse came in and explained to me that my doctor was coming in around 11-12 to break my water, and told me that the anesthesiologist had a C section at noon, so I should probably get the epidural now, if I was wanting an epidural. I decided that was a great idea, even though I was still talking and laughing through contractions.
The epidural went MUCH smoother than it did with Olivia. It was in in 20 minutes, I had no reactions, and I was much calmer than I was with Olivia. Doctor Petrovski came in around 11:45 to check me and break my water. I was 5 cm dilated and 90 percent effaced and my water popped with her just checking me.
Once the water broke, my kiddos came to visit me for a bit :)
They were getting excited about meeting their baby brother!
Now, at this point I was realizing that my epidural wasn't really working. I could feel pain with every single contraction, and felt EXTREME pressure with each one. I asked for more medicine, since I could completely move one of my legs and was still having a lot of pain. The second dose of medicine helped a lot, and I continued to be able to feel the contractions, but didn't feel any pain. (YAY!)
At 1:45 the nurse came to check me. She said that I was completely effaced, and almost a 7.
20 minutes after the check, I started getting the urge to push with each contraction. But, I felt like it was probably fine, and didn't want to bug the nurse. Each contraction kept getting worse...
Finally, at 3:15, she walked in the room and said she was going to check me. I was excited cause I really felt like I needed to push the baby out now. She goes into check me and her face looks shocked, and she quickly says she is going to call the doctor cause the baby is coming! She told me to relax and not to push. HA.
The best part of this, was my mom left 5 minutes before I got checked to get herself a diet coke from mcdonalds. I jokingly said "Wouldn't that be funny if you almost missed this birth because you were at Mcdonalds like you almost missed Olivia's birth by being at Mcdonalds?" Sure enough, we got to call her and tell her to be speedy and come back asap! :)
Doctor Petrovski showed up about 20 minutes later, got ready, and I started pushing!
I pushed one time, through half a contraction. Dr Petrovski said "Oh! You're not going to wait for me are you buddy?" And Mr. Tate was born!!!!!
We were worried he would need to go to the nicu since he was only 37 weeks, but he was perfect and healthy in every way :)
Seriously, she is the best doctor ever. I cannot thank her enough. So thankful for her during this hard hard pregnancy.
Nursing my baby Tate!!!!!!
Tate was born at 3:50 PM, weighed 7.5 pounds, and was 19 inches long. We are all SO in love with him, and know he came directly from heaven and was made FOR our family. So grateful he got here safely!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment