Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pity party for one.

I wish I was good at something. Anything. Games, crafts, sewing, being funny, being a good friend, being a good mom. Anything. But I'm not. And it's really starting to get to me. Almost every single night, by the time it's the kids' bedtime I want to scream. I always thought I would be the best mom ever... And it sucks I can't live up to my own expectations. My kids drive me up the wall. How do parents do it?! I always thought being a stay at home mom would be the best thing ever. I've been wanting to be one since I was little. And now that I am one, I want to get a job?! What the heck is wrong with me? I have two beautiful children, I should be estatic to be able to spend 100 percent of my life with them. I think maybe I'm bored. I need something to learn. Something for me. But, anytime I try something new, I get discouraged fast, because nothing comes easy to me. NOTHING! I feel like I was given no talents. Shoot. Tonight we were playing games and once again is lost every single hand. And you know what? I started crying. I haven't won a stupid game in months. How can I not win one hand?! I just feel like nothing comes natural to me. Not even being a stay at home mom.
So, to all you crafty, perfect, all natural all organic, no tv shows allowed moms, who like to post it all over the world to see how perfect you are? Just so you know, you make the not so perfect moms feel even worse when they are down. 
So here's my pity party for one. Guess what? Sometimes I feel like a pretty crappy mom. I let them watch tv. I get upset with my kids. I let them eat chicken nuggets and Mac and cheese. My house isn't clean 100 percent of the time. Heck, it's not even clean 80 percent of the time.( I have a huge pile of laundry sitting needing to be folded actually...) I cry. I don't wear make up every day. I guess that's just my life and I'll need to accept it. I can say one thing though...
I love those two kids of mine more than anything in the world. No matter how bad of a day I've had, the second I wake up the next morning, I can't wait to see those kids' adorable faces. Jaxon is one of the funniest kids ever. And he has the biggest heart. Olivia is a mommy's girl. When I smile at her, she instantly will smile that big adorable grin back at me :)... (Unless she's having a crying fit...) 
I love my two littles. And I guess, I need to suck it up and try to be a better mommy. It may not come easy to me, but I know it will be worth it.

I love my two babies!!


2 comments:

  1. GREAT POST!!! I'm right there with ya girl!! I really think we are so hard on ourselves and at the end of the day the only voice we've heard (besides our kids screaming voices) was the voice in our head telling us how bad we are at this or that. I always catch myself telling myself things like, "Wow, you are such a bad mom, this is the third tv show they've watched in the last hour," and "You are the worst wife, this house is a disaster," or "Wow, way to go, you really lost your temper - your kids will need therapy after that one!" haha. And by the end of the day, I BELIEVE that voice and I feel terrible. First, you need to not be so hard on yourself and second, realize that those "pinterest moms" you are thinking are perfect...AREN'T! YOU are a great mom - those things you are beating yourself up about don't matter...your kids are lucky to have you and they adore you, whether you are making random crafts or not haha!!! Give yourself credit - you are doing something VERY challenging! Two tiny kids close in age...that's hard! I can't even tell you how many times i've just broken down and cried randomly throughout the day because I feel overwhelmed or guilty or stressed or just inadequate. You're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsy, I just want you to know that I think you are a great mommy!

    Also, all the mommy bloggers who look like they have a perfect life? Well they dont... they only show the "perfect stuff" and not the days when their kitchens and houses are a mess and their kids eat mac and cheese (I eat mac and cheese at least 1 time a week for lunch)

    ReplyDelete