Well, since then it's just gotten worse and worse and worse. It's a deeper pain than the abscess was. Now, the entire side of my breast is hot, hard, and red. I've been massaging and applying heat, and nothing comes out. I cry every time I have to nurse... I cry every time I'm massaging it. It's just not fair.
Now here's the saddest part. I want to quit so bad. I'm tired of being miserable. But, I feel like nowadays moms get judged for using formula! Formula isn't poison. In fact, my brothers and I were formula fed and we've been healthy children. Formula is a great thing! It gives babies the nutrients they need if their mom can't breast feed for any reason. So then, why am I worried that my friends and acquaintances will judge me if I stop?! Shouldn't we all support each other in every decision we make? It's sad that I should even be worrying about what other people will think if I stop. I feel like it would be better to formula feed Olivia, so that her mommy can be happier. If I can get out of this misery maybe I'll be a better mom. For her and Jaxon. Every single time she needs to eat, I wish someone else could feed her.
So, like I said. Nursing sucks. Yet I feel pressured to keep going. Plus there's a small part of me that wants to finally feel the love for breastfeeding that I once had...
That's all for now.
I think you are a wonderful mommy! I'm so sorry that you have had this going on. I don't know why mommies can be so hard on each other. You will do what is best for you and your baby!!!
ReplyDeleteMy midwives said the first 6 weeks of breastfeeding are most beneficial to your baby for antibodies and stuff. After that it doesn't matter. And I was 100% formula fed. I won't judge you if you use formula! I hope you make a quick recovery!
ReplyDeletePeople's opinions can be so painful, but the bottom line is you know whats best for you and your baby better then anyone. No matter what you do you will never be able to please everybody's strong opinions, so forget what anyone else thinks and just do what feels right in your heart. The only concept everyone will agree on is to love your kids uncondionally after that it's just controversy. You know your family the best! I am here for you no matter what, your an amazing mommy! You love your kids so much, they are so lucky to have you for a mom!
ReplyDelete