Saturday, April 6, 2013

Working out while pregnant...

So, since finding out I was pregnant my goal was to keep working out. I've done pretty well overall but hadn't done my body pump class, until today. Well, so I've been doing the elliptical and going on walks to stay in shape. One time I did 45 min on the elliptical, pretty hard core, and cramped the whole day after. So, today I did 45 min of the body pump class (I left before they did plyometrics) and now I'm curled over in pain from cramps. I'm so lost at what to do. My doctor specifically told me I could work out. So why does this happen? Anyone have any insight?

4 comments:

  1. K Chels, my second pregnancy I had SO much cramping. I didn't think it was normal, but atlas it was! I woke up In the middle of the night when I was about 9-10 weeks and I was dying of cramps, but I guess my doctor said with your second it just happens. I don't know about why your body cramps after working out because you totally can. All I can say is that with Reese I cramped way early on and didn't think it was ok, but it was. Hope this eases your mind a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria! Makes me feel better to hear that other people have had it too lol. I figured it was probably normal, but thought I'd ask!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would talk to the doctor about it again. I have no experience and I'm sure it's ok but I would ask

    ReplyDelete
  4. cramping sucks! i would just stick to walking. it's so hard to work out while pregnant...esp during the first and last trimesters!

    ReplyDelete