Sunday, April 29, 2012

Jaxon's poor tummy.

So, I just wanted to update on what has been going on with Jaxon. Since birth, he's had terrible tummy problems. He has acid reflux, and has been on Zantac, and that's been working great, until recently. About 2 weeks ago, he started acting like he's always in pain, and wouldn't really eat. He'd eat about 5-7 minutes total, and I would have to FIGHT him to keep him latched. It has been a huge pain. I just figured all was fine, and he just was a fast eater. Well, all of a sudden, he started having BRIGHT green stools, with mucous in them. I called the pediatrician, and we decided to go in. Well, we found out he isn't growing at the rate they want him to, at 3 months he is 12 pounds 6 oz, but fell from the 50th percentile to the 22nd. We are worried that because he isn't eating enough, and then throwing up at least 6 times after every feeding, he isn't getting enough to eat. So, we have another weight check next week, and for now, I am off soy and dairy products. I have to check every label. It's hard, but totally worth it if it does help Jaxon. Here is a picture of everything I can't have... haha
So for now, we are a bit worried about Jaxon, and are praying that he has gained some weight on Monday at his weight check. :) Another thing about Jaxon right now, is he is officially teething! He has been drooling like crazy, and eating his hands and hasn't been sleeping well. Well, we finally got a peek in his tiny little mouth, and sure enough, there are two TINY white specs coming through his gums! Crazy! I cannot believe how fast time has gone! :) 
Jaxon loves his cuddle bear, anytime he is sad, if you put his binky in, and give him his bear he cuddles next to it, and gets relaxed. It is so cute!
Last week was so crazy here in the Downs home! Greg's brother Sam, and his wife Karen graduated! YAY! All of Greg's family was in town, and we had tons of fun with them! We had a DELICIOUS filet barbeque, lots of ice cream, and played lots of games :)

Also, my family was in town! My dad brought us the rest of our stuff from Texas, and had to pick up Chase from school. My mom was out here too, because my cousin got married! The wedding was beautiful, and her dress was gorgeous! Congrats to Troy and Lindsay! :) We had so much fun with both sides of the family, and Jaxon enjoyed all the attention.

 Okay so I've been doing Weight Watchers since Jaxon was 2 weeks old. He is now 14 weeks old. In 12 weeks, I have lost 10 percent of my body weight! I've worked really hard, and am very proud of myself :) I lost all my baby weight by 2 weeks post partum, so I am really feeling a lot better about my body now. I'm not done with my weight loss journey, but it feels great to hit such a huge milestone!
 I am trying some dairy and soy free rolls. We will see how they work out! I'll post the recipe if they are good :)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Chelsy and Greg, your blog is wonderful! So sorry Jaxon is having tummy problems, some kids just have a hard first few months, but he is still adorable and darling and the cutest great-grandchild. We just returned from our 3 week vacation and it is 3:00 am in the morning (but 11:00 am in Dublin, Ireland where I just was), so wanted you to know we are thinking of you, and loved being to Jax's blessing. Love you both, and congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete