Thursday, February 9, 2012

3 weeks!

I can't believe Jaxon is 3 weeks old today! Time seriously flies! He already looks so much different that he did at the hospital! Here is some updates on the cute kid.

-He still really wants to suck his thumb, but can't really remember where it is! When he does find it, he get's super excited about it. Until then, he sucks violently on his binky.

- He eats every 3-4 hours usually, and is a champ at breastfeeding. He sometimes goes 4 1/2 hours or even 5 hours at night!
- He is still wearing size "up to seven pounds" or newborn, but is starting to grow out of them. He fits in some gap 0-3 month outfits, but they still look huge on him! See below:
- He LOVES his bath. He sits calmly and relaxes the instant we put him in it. The other night I couldn't get him to stop crying, so gave him a bath, and it worked! He loves if I pour water on his tummy.
- This week he started getting tummy aches. :( He is constantly angry about it, and it makes mommy sad!
- Mommy has had to stop eating dairy for a 10 day trial period. KILL ME. haha. But, anything to make him feel better.
- We had to spend a day at the pediatrician this week. He projectile vomits after every feeding, and I guess that's not normal for a breastfed baby. He had to get an ultrasound to make sure he didn't have pyloric stenosis. He doesn't, thank goodness! Just probably acid reflux.
- He hates sleeping on his back. So, he sleeps on his side.
 - At night, he still just wants to sleep on mommy. I give in almost every night, cause I'm so tired, and just want him to sleep. We went out and bought a nap nanny, to see if he sleeps in it! I've heard good things about it!
- He still hates being swaddled with his arms in, which is a problem, cause he can wiggle himself out of the swaddle. I just discovered a sleep sack swaddle, that is both a sleep sack, and a swaddle, so his arms stay out! So far, he loves it!
- He likes his swing, but is too tiny for his bouncer right now.
- He got his first BYU shirt!!
- At his doctor's appointment on Tuesday, he still only weighed 7 pound 7 oz, so we are going back to the Dr next Friday for a weight check! I hope he's growing huge!

I love this little guy so much! He's a cuddler, he is SO curious, and loves to look at lights. I am so happy I have him in my life!!! I can't wait to see him grow big!

3 comments:

  1. I can't get enough of the cute pics:) He really is so adorable! Deacon grew out of newborn stuff in like 5 minutes haha. I love that tiny new little squishy body :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the awesome update Chels! I've been thinking about you all the time and loving your cute instagram pics. I know you are tired but I want to chat soon! I'll give you a call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a cutie and I LOVE the BYU onesie!

    ReplyDelete