I had my 36 week appointment yesterday. I walk in, and go to the bathroom, and all of a sudden my phone rings, and it's my doctor's office. I was super confused. Well, it turns out, my doctor was about to leave for a delivery, so they wanted to reschedule me. What they forgot about, was I was there for my ultrasound 45 minutes before my dr appointment. So, they took me in for my ultrasound, and as we were watching cute little baby D on the screen, we hear a knock. In comes my cute, blonde, super nice doctor. She comes in and apologizes for having to leave, and tells me I'm going to be a mom in 2 weeks! See, the past week or two I've been having blood pressure issues. It spikes anytime I do anything. It goes back down if I lay down though. I've been on bed rest for about a week, and am pretty bored. Not strict bed rest, I just need to watch my blood pressure. So, she said because of my blood pressure, they won't let me go past 38 weeks for the safety of me, and this baby. WHAT?! I was a bit shocked. Then she said I would get a NST which is where I get to listen to the baby's heart for 15 minutes and push a button when he moves. I get a weekly ultrasound and NST every week until I deliver. So, I guess one more week haha. So, January 19 or 20 I'll be a mommy! Coolest part of this? We could share a birthday!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT?!
So, I'm super stressed, and feel like I'm not ready at all for this baby. Oh and then there's the thought of pushing a baby out of me?! EEK. Scary. But, baby isn't measuring as big as he was, he's just measuring 5 days ahead :) Still a huge head, but that's ok! His estimated weight was 6 pound 7 ounces. I think he's going to be an upper 7 pound baby :) So little!
What are your guesses?
My first was only 6 lbs 12 oz and my second 7 lbs 2 oz. pushed out the first, will never forget it, and had an emergency c-section with the second which I will never forget either. Hope for a not too small, not too big baby, medium sized and healthy is what I'm hoping for you! Not to exceed 7 lbs! I also sincerely hope you do not have to have a c-section. Good luck mama! It's going to be the most unforgettable experience of your life. And enjoy the bed rest while you can!! You're going to be losing quite a bit of sleep, you need to store up some rest before your little man arrives. You are going to make a great mother :)
ReplyDeleteChelsey, hope all goes well with your delivery! I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see pictures of your new little one.
ReplyDeleteYou're going to be a mom so soon! I think it would be super cute if he came on your birthday!
ReplyDelete