Ok, so my 29 week appointment was last week, I'll start there. I've only gained 4 pounds this pregnancy, so that's awesome! Thanks baby, for not making mommy huge! (YET!) I also took my GD test, and that came back SUPER low, so he said I'm basically hypoglycemic, and that I could eat all the sugar I wanted! :) haha! YAY!!! Little did the doctor know, I totally may take advantage of him saying that... especially during the holidays! :) This appointment was my last appointment in Utah! CRAZY! I said goodbye to Dr. Glenn, and all of his nice staff. They've been great!
Saturday we painted the nursery! It's a beautiful blue/grey color. I'm obsessed! Here's a sneak peak...
Monday night was my baby shower! :) It was sooooo amazing! I think there were probably 40 people there! I feel so loved, and I know Baby D does too! It was a book theme, so everyone brought a favorite book for me, and some people wrote messages in the books :) I can't wait to read those to our son, and he can hear all the nice things people wrote :) We got SO many gifts! I cannot even believe how many we got... I feel spoiled! We got our pack N play, baby bjorn, a jumperoo thing, shopping cart blanket, an ABC picture for the nursery, diaper genie, bumpbo, boppy, TONS of cute clothes, shoes, blankets, burp rags, etc. There was a diaper cake, and a diaper MOTORCYCLE! haha. It was sooo awesome! I don't have very many pictures yet... but I'll post them when I get some! Thanks to EVERYONE who came; I hope everyone had a fun time! :)
Alphabet thing for the baby room :)
Some of the stuff from the shower! Clothes, tons of books, etc. If you look hard, you can see the diaper motorcycle! :)
The big items! :)
Oh! And my in laws got in town last night, and I opened a gift from them! Tons of clothes and white onesies (which I have none of, so that's WONDERFUL!) and some blankets... and the cutest art pieces for his room! They are hand crocheted by my MIL Ann, and are so cute!!!
The elephant crocheted piece for the wall! There's also a giraffe that's so cute! But, blogger won't let me upload it........
annnnnnd. 30 week belly picture!!!! :)
You are a good writer Chelsea! Fun to read your blog. It's so fun to have your first baby. I remember that excitement. And you'll never have another time like this where you have your one child all to yourself, no other little ones to take care of. So take advantage and enjoy! Snuggle alot and take in every moment! And when baby naps, you nap! And remember, you can read lots of baby books and parenting books which are quite helpful, but the greatest help you'll receive is from Heavenly Father. He knows you best and he knows your baby best. If you are prayerful, and stay close to the Holy Ghost, He will inspire you and let you know how to best care for your precious little one.
ReplyDeleteLove the blue nursery! That's a beautiful shade of blue. Calming and happy.
Have fun in TX. I bet your mom is thrilled to have you down there for a little while! Tell them "hello" from the Cottle family. Your dad was our Home Teacher while we lived there.
Jennifer & Jeremy
Thanks Jennifer!!! I will tell them hi, and we are so excited to move back to TX and have this baby! :)
ReplyDelete