Monday, April 19, 2010

Funny Kid Stories.

So, kids are so cute.
I don't have any of my own to talk about but I feel like Ava and Adalyn's big sister
so I figure I can share some funny things they have done lately.

Adalyn is the smartest 3 year old I swear.
So, the other day we are driving home from preschool, and I am asking her about her day.
Here is our conversation:
Adalyn: "Why does the lady want to get naked?"
Me: "What? WHO?"
Adalyn: "The lady on the radio! She said she wants to get naked".....
PAUSE.....
Me: "Um... no she didn't!"
Adalyn: "YES SHE DID!"
Me: "Let's change the radio channel. This is not a kid channel"
OMGSH!!! The radio was on SO quiet I didn't even notice it!
I was super embarrassed.
My mom said I should have said she is getting in the bath.
But I didn't.
SAD!
but kind of funny!

So. I tell her mom this, and she tells me some other cute stories:
One day, this short mexican man came over and was painting the door on their house.
Adalyn is upstairs and says:
"Mommy, that man is short!"
Her mom tells her to please not talk about this right now.
Being a three year old she starts throwing a fit about it...
and keeps saying
"But mom, that man is short!"
hahahaha. so funny!

One more.
They were shopping at the grocery store and a YOUNG guy walks by with grey hair.
Adayln: "Mommy! Look! It's a Grandpa!"
Kelly: "Well, we don't know if that is a grandpa"
(as she is trying to pull the girls farther and farther from this "old man")
Adalyn: "But mommy! I can tell he is a grandpa!"
OMGSH. I love children.

I cannot wait until we have some of our own.
But Ava and Adalyn are the sweetest children ever, and SO cute.
I have some HIGH standards for my children.
hopefully we have the most adorable well behaved children ever.

Greg and I babysat for Kelly and James Saturday night and it was a blast!
We ate dinner, then headed to the BIG park!
Ava kept trying to run up this steep hill with her hands in the air...
falling over and over again just laughing.
And adalyn was having a blast swinging on the swings!
We were teaching her how to pump!
Then we came home and played for a little.
Then we made ice cream sundays with cookies!
Ava of course got it ALL over her face...
:)
Then we gave them baths which THEY LOVE
and read probably 7 books to them.
and tucked them in for bed.
it was fun
:)

3 comments:

  1. ROFLMAO kids are so funny! But I am biased and do have to say that I have the smartest 3 yr old ever haha when brenidee was about 2 we went to the zoo and on the train ride there she asked another lady on the train if she could have one of the cookies she was feeding her kids. the lady asked me then gave her one and she stuffed the whole thing in her mouth and refused to spit it out. She looked like a gerbil (big stuffed cheeks) for about 20 minutes and then spit it out and started crying bc she said her cheeks hurt. haha glad your havin so much fun w/ the kiddos, you'll be a great mom some day, but dont rush it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha thats so funny katie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a lot of fun. We definitely should do that again. :)

    ReplyDelete