Ok. I am officially having a date with my computer to update my blog. I still don't have access to my wedding pictures, but I'll post a few that I have. Ok. So let's see. Where should I start? Lets start with the few that I have from my wedding in California.
August 20th, 2009-
So today I find out that NONE of my bridesmaid's shoes fit them! Soooo disaster time. Except it ended up working out really good for us, because we found the CUTEST shoes at payless in all the girls sizes! So that disaster got solved in about 30 minutes! Plus the shoes were cuter than the others we had before. So, then my mom, caroline, and I went and got the longest pedicures and manicures of my life. I swear it took them 3 hours. Seriously?! But they looked amazing!
So, then we had the rehearsal dinner. So, I am getting ready, and am about to go out the door, when I realize my security sensor on my jacket is still on! SERIOUSLY!? So, we called Nordstrom up and demanded they send someone to fix it. So, about a half an hour later, all was solved and Greg and I went on our way to the dinner.
The dinner was so perfect. The best mexican food ever, friends, family, fun! And my amazing photographer Melissa Kelsey even came and took pictures for us! She is great! After the fun dinner, my awesome bridesmaids and cousins took me out for a fun bachelorette party! We went to some steakhouse, had the best desserts ever, had a waiter PRETEND to be a stripper, opened embarrassing gifts and even scared a few families away. Then we danced and drove. Last night being a single woman. It was so fun.
August 21st, 2009.
8 AM in the morning- I wake up next to my bridesmaids after only sleeping for 3 hours the night before. I was so excited! Today I was marrying my best friend. So, I take a shower, put on my dress that I was going to the temple in and got my temple bag ready. My hair and makeup ladies show up to get me beautiful for the most important day of my life! YAY! So, the ladies get me all beautified, and I am ready to go. Well, I couldn't find my keys. So of course I start FREAKING out that I lost my keys in California and would never find them and would have to leave my car in california forever! Well after about 10 minutes of freakout time, my wonderful bridesmaids find them :)
I get to the temple to see my soon to be husband with the BIGGEST grin on his face ever. It was sooooo cute. We get all ready, and the ceremony was beautiful. There were only two other brides in the brides' room so that was good too! :) We exit the temple to all of our loved ones waiting for us. Took pictures with Melissa for like 4 hours (she brought us water and a granola bar... It pretty much saved us!) on the beach and in front of the temple. Then we rushed back to the hotel, had my hair and makeup retouched, then were off to the reception for group photos. The reception was beautiful. It was a modern style wedding with pink, orange, and green. The lady that did our cake (Sweet and Saucy) made me my perfect wedding cake, along with hundreds of "mini desserts" that all matched the cake! SOOOO YUMMY! We also had the best wedding planner (Courtney Toney) who helped make my day sooo perfect! My florist (Carissa Jones) was honestly a mastermind with flowers and made the prettiest arrangements I have EVER seen.
The reception was perfect. A little long I may admit. By the end of it, Greg and I just wanted to go to our hotel and rest :)
We stayed that night in the Hyatt Regency right on the beach in Huntington Beach, then rushed to LAX the next morning for a 12 hour day of flying to Puerto Vallarta.
Perfect wedding. Here are some pics, more will come later:




you wanted to go to the hotel to "rest" huh? hahah. i love you girl. i'm so glad you are so happy :)
ReplyDelete