Monday, February 23, 2015

Our life right now

A little update on us.

Greg is ALMOST done with busy season! Yipee! He's been working like 943280532902 hours a a week. Or something like that ;)

In January, I went to Utah with my mom, and had a girls weekend with my cousins and Aunt Christy! We went to a Sundance Premier which was pretty awesome!

In January, I also decided to try to get in shape. My friends Melissa and Anita are running in a 5k in April! We started the Couch to 5k about 5 weeks ago (and may have repeated week 2 for two weeks...) and I am feeling proud of myself for doing this. 5 weeks ago, I could barely run 1 minute! Now, I can run 6 minutes straight. I know it's pathetic, but I haven't ran in about 7 years, and you have to start somewhere right? Plus, I got to get some cute workout gear, since it's winter right now and all I had were shorts and capris!
 A few weeks ago, Greg and I got to go to an Usher/ Blake Shelton concert! My parents had tickets, so bonus, it was free! We had a blast, plus it was Greg's first concert (not counting miley cyrus)!
 Church. Oh boy. So, I got called as the Primary Secretary back in September. I've actually never been in the Primary, so it was a whole new thing for me! I had lots to learn :) I have an AMAZING group of girls I work with, and I have been feeling SO great about church, and where I fit in. I've learned the ins and outs of Primary, and was just starting to really get to know the kids. I LOVE hearing their testimonies, and love to hear those little kids sing. It melts my heart. We had 8 is great last weekend, and it was amazing! So spiritual, and amazing to see those little kids testimonies!
 Well, I've finally found my place in this ward, and have made AMAZING friends in the ward. I think this is the first time since being married that I've really felt apart of something. Well, yesterday, our ward split! So, I was released, because I am now in the new ward. My heart breaks that our ward is splitting in half, plus I'll miss those primary kids so much. But I know, it's also such a great thing that our area is growing so much!
We moved in this ward last March, since then, our stake split, and we are now our own stake, and now a ward split! SO crazy!
The worst thing though, is that now instead of 9 AM church, we have 12:30! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing we LOVE about Texas, is that in January and February, there are days, even weeks, where we can be outside! The kids love it, and so do I! Got to get some Vitamin D in us! :)
 Now a little update on my little Jaxon man...
So, this Winter has been rough on my little man. Since September, he has had EVERY sickness, more than once. He's had the flu (twice), stomach flu, 3-4 colds, croup, ear infections, and other respiratory things. He has had a SUPER high fever about once a month, with no diagnosis. Today is one of those days. It's SO hard to see your little one sick, and not know why it's happening. We are praying we figure out what's going on, because I'm sick of him being sick!
He was sick on his birthday, so we delayed his party until the middle of February when he had been healthy for a good two weeks. We had his two good friends Ryan and Elle come play with us at the Play Street Museum in Frisco! It was SO much fun, we will definitely be going back!

Sorry for the random post, but I just wanted to update quickly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment