I realized I never wrote a post about Christmas!!! It was great! Tyler came home from school for a week or so, and my kids loved having him around! He is such a great Uncle! Chase was missed, and it was definitely not the same without him now three years in a row... but, we made the best of it! :)
Two days before Christmas, we went over to our best friends new house (That is .8 miles away!!!!) and exchanged gifts, ate chinese food, and (TRIED to) watch a movie. Amanda (who is basically my kids aunt) gave my kids an AWESOME tent that they love! And of course the kids exchanged their little gifts too :)
On Christmas Eve, my parents had their annual Christmas Eve party, with the Lewis, Perkes, and Jensen families. We ate yummy ham and turkey, and had a big gift exchange. Olivia was in bed by 6 PM, but Jaxon had the time of his life playing with all those big boys. He thought he was SO cool, following them, laying by them, and being with them. It was so cute.
At the gift exchange, Jaxon was very into it. He helped every single person open their presents. It didn't get old. Every single item opened he would say "OH WOW!!!" "Ok, what's next???" HAH!
Jaxon got to sleep in Uncle Ty's bed that night, and boy was he excited. We caught him taking EVERY SINGLE tac and paper off of his bulletin board above his bed... Then, he stayed up until midnight with Uncle Ty!!! (His usual bedtime is 7 pm...)
Christmas morning, we woke up at our usual 7 AM, and went downstairs, to find that Santa had come!
Santa brought the kids a kitchen! And Jaxon got the giraffe puzzle that he's been wanting (the only present he asked for). Then, Jaxon goes "Well, where's my truck?" haha. He soon forgot about the truck though.
My parents got my kiddos pottery barn chairs and some books, a ball toy, kitchen appliances and food, and some clothes. Uncle Ty got Jaxon a trolley! (from daniel tiger's neigborhood... he's quite obsessed with trolleys)... Grandma and Grandpa Downs got Jaxon the coolest scooter, that he loves! And Uncle Sam and Karen got Jaxon some cool vehicle puzzles, and Olivia a beautiful dress :)
We got the kids some stuff for their kitchen, some puzzles, and Olivia got a little people castle :)
I got spoiled, with Taylor Swift concert tickets, new dishes, and tons of new clothes. Greg got spoiled with 2 new suits, clothes, and more clothes ;)
We ate breakfast (chocolate croissants and a breakfast casserole), and opened presents well into the afternoon. Just relaxed all day, and hung out as a family.
That night we went to our best friends house (Dean and Anita) to eat dinner! She made delicious ribs, sweet potatoes, and rolls. We had so much fun, as we always do!
We are so so lucky to have such great family and friends around us :) I love that we live just 4 miles from my parents. My kids have such a close relationship with them, and I love watching them together! I feel so fortunate that my 2 best friends just bought a house down the road from us, so I get to see them almost every day! I just love all of the friends I have made this year. I don't think I've ever had so many good friends before, and feel so loved by all of them.
I had a hard year last year, and was feeling down. A LOT. I was having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit, until Christmas actually came. Watching the kids light up and open all their presents really is SO much fun.
I'm really going to focus this year on looking at the positives in my life. As much as life may get me down, I have to focus on all the amazing people I have in my life! I am so fortunate.
So, I just want to say thanks to all those people who made Christmas a special time :) Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment