Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Olivia: 2 weeks

Well, Olivia is 2 weeks old! (Tomorrow). I just wanted to document how our first two weeks have gone :)

Jaxon isn't so sure about having a baby around. He walks around and points to her and says baby, and has been sweet to her, but he's also been extra needy and whiny. Which is expected! Overall, he's done well! He hasn't even hurt her yet lol. Sometimes he even asks to hold her! I have been a lot more relaxed about how often he gets his binky and bear, but in a week or so plan to take them away except for naps and bedtime.
We are so lucky to be living with my family during this transition time! Jax LOVES his nana and she's been helping out a TON. He also loves uncle Ty who has been playing extra with him, and Papa has been taking him on daily walks (which is his favorite!)

I have officially had my first two full days alone as a mommy of two! It's gone pretty well! Other than the fact that Jaxon has a nasty cold, we have done well! I even gave both kids baths today! And got myself out of sweats! Success! The hardest thing I think so far is feeling like I have to choose between the two. This morning I was feeding Olivia and Jax woke up crying... Well he has a cold and cough so I didn't want to leave him in there crying and coughing so I had to stop Olivia from eating and set her on the bed for 5 min while I went to get him. She cried. Broke my heart! After I got done feeding Livvy, Jax pointed at her bed and started crying saying "baby". He wanted me to leave her in there! Awwww. 
Me snuggling with my two perfect babies :)

How I've been:
- Well the first few days home were rough. Recovery wise, I felt great. But I had a horrible headache that started the day after I got home and never went away. For four days. By that fourth day I was going crazy! Luckily when I woke up Wednesday, it was gone!
- Engorgement. I never even felt my milk come in with Jaxon. Oh my gosh. How can boobs hurt SO bad?! So Tuesday along with the headache the engorgement started. I leaked through 3 shirts in one day. Plus the raw nipples? I cried. A few times. Luckily someone told me about all purpose nipple cream (a prescription) and I got It filled and that helped that issue!
- Friday (9 days post-partum) I woke up feeling awful. My body hurt and I had been shivering all night. I took my temperature, and sure enough, it was 102. My boob had a hot, red bump on it. I looked up mastitis, and it seemed I had it.
- My OB gave me a prescription for the mastitis (I'm glad I called before it was the weekend!) and gave me some tips on mastitis. I was pretty out of it Friday, but within 24 hours of being on the rx, I felt 100x better. 
- So as of Saturday, I've felt much better.

But then Jax woke up with a nasty cold Monday morning. So I've been washing my hands like crazy in fear that Olivia will get sick :/

A little about Olivia at 2 weeks:
- She lost 12 ounces in the hospital so the drs told me she needed to gain at least 3 over the weekend that I brought her home in order to not supplement. She gained 9! Super milk! Take that!
- She is still in newborn diapers
- Her newborn outfits are getting too short in the limbs so today I let her wear her first 0-3 month outfit! It was huge. 
- She has slept 6-6.5 hours at night 3 nights in a row. Seriously?! Angel baby?
- She rarely cries. Like ever.
- At night I feed her then wrap her back up and she either falls right back asleep or grunts until all her gas is gone and lays with her eyes open until she falls asleep on her own.
- I should be putting her in her pack n play more but I sneak her into my bed almost nightly.
I mean wouldn't you too?!

I don't know how I got so lucky to be blessed with the two cutest, sweetest kids alive!

2 comments: