Monday, November 18, 2013

Nursing frustrations...

Why does something that's supposed to be natural and the right way of doing things have to be SO hard? It seems like I can't get a break from problem after problem with this nursing thing. Ugh. First mastitis and engorgement. Now more problems?

So I finished my mastitis antibiotics last Sunday. Well, the duct that was infected is still clogged. I've tried EVERYTHING and I cannot get it to un clog. It hurts so so bad and I swear it's going to get infected again. So, this week I've been having some symptoms of thrush in my breasts. I'm not sure if I have it, but either way, they hurt soooo bad, and I feel like right when they were starting to feel normal, I got new symptoms.

Olivia has been screaming while eating, throwing up in the middle of eating, has tons of gas, and it's just been a fight to get her to eat. I've heard it could be an over active let down, so I've been nursing  against gravity. Well, that's not helping anything. So then I realized she may have reflux like jax did... She seriously throws up over and over again. Right now we are both sitting in a pool of it. And she always acts like her tummy hurts.

Well... I just changed her diaper and she has mucous in it! What?! She has had a cold but is that even possible? I know the other reason for mucous in poop is a dairy allergy. So I guess I'm going to try to eliminate dairy to see if it helps any.

So many problems for such a "natural" thing. Almost daily I want to just give her a bottle. But if we can make it through this, I know it'll be better in the end. 

Ugh. I'm just so frustrated. I'm glad I have somewhere to vent :)

Here's some cute pictures of my kids!

Jax wanted to try on a bow!
Just hanging out :)
He loves holding his "baby ivvy"



No comments:

Post a Comment