Friday, March 29, 2013

9 weeks (almost)


Alright, so I'm sure everyone's wondering... was this planned? YES. Sort of? We decided we would see what God wanted to happen, and sure enough it happened in one month. It took us 5 months of really trying with Jaxon, so I was shocked when I peed on a stick BEFORE my missed period and saw two lines!

Here's the story of how we found out:

So, one Saturday I woke up feeling kind of off. I thought maybe I was getting the flu, so rested a lot, and took a lot of drugs haha. Well, we ordered pizza that day, and when it got here, I really didn't like it.. Like, I couldn't even eat that much of it, and I felt like I was going to puke the rest of the day. I HATED pizza when I was pregnant with Jaxon, so since I was feeling so off all day, I decided to take a pregnancy test the next morning. Well, sure enough, I was pregnant! I was only 3 weeks 6 days, so I tested quite early. 

It was 6 in the morning, and I ran out of the bathroom jumping and said to Greg (while he was still half asleep) "hey, guess what? I'm pregnant!" He got this HUGE smile on his face, and we are just thrilled!

The next day I went to get progesterone and HCG tests done (I had low progesterone with Jax) and my progesterone is higher this pregnancy than with Jaxon. But, to be safe I'm taking pills. My HCG was only at a 42 (but I wasn't even 4 weeks yet!) and with Jax it was a 23 at 4 weeks. I got my blood drawn again 3 days later and my HCG went up to a 540! For those who don't know, your HCG is supposed to double every 24-48 hours. So, this baby was definitely growing!

I told my boss right away, because he already had 2 pregnant people in the office, and I thought it was only fair :) I told the parents the next day, and now we are out to friends and family! 

Symptoms:
- I am SO nauseated in the afternoons/evenings. I've already had to take zofran and phenergan. Not everyday, but a few times a week. 
- I've only thrown up 3 times so far...
- My boobs hurts like crazy! (This is a new symptom, never had that with the last one)
- I'm SO bloated I swear I already look 3 months pregnant lol.....

Well, that's all for now! Just wanted to get my thoughts down :) We are THRILLED to add another baby to our little family!

2 comments: