Monday, December 10, 2012

Chicken Pox and Christmas Party

Update on our life! (I'm going to try to post more regularly!) So, we got back from Mexico on a Saturday, and Jaxon had a fever Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. He still has no teeth, so I assumed it was a teething fever. It went away Thursday, and we assumed he was fine. Well, Saturday he woke up with about 10 dots on his tummy. He has sensitive skin, so we thought it may be a yeast infection or something. We used cream, and decided not to bring him to church Sunday. Well, I work at 6 AM on Mondays, so I didn't see him Monday. They had probably doubled, and looked more like sores. My babysitter texted me a picture and said "They look like sores, maybe even chicken pox?" So, of course I called my mom and sent the picture to her. She agreed that they looked like chicken pox, so we got an appointment to see a doctor. NOT A PEDIATRICIAN cause we go to the STUPID Byu health center..... So, the pediatrician immediately said it was chicken pox! The good news is it's been about 10 days, and he's had maybe 22 or so spots? They have all been on his tummy, back, and a couple on his legs. One on his arm. They aren't in a location that can spread easily to others, and he's been completely fine! It's been a great case of chicken pox! Plus, now he doesn't need the shot! YAY! The less shots in the first year, the better in my opinion (Although, we do get the needed vaccines).

On to a more exciting topic. We decided this year we wanted to throw a Christmas Party! So, I invited some of our friends and set a date! I made sugar cookies (Such an easy, yummy recipe, and it made about 3.5 dozen! Found HERE.) I highly recommend it, and Greg said they were the best sugar cookies ever. I also made those pretzel hershey kiss things (which by the way, take longer than you can imagine to make!) andddd the best chocolate chip cookies ever :) We had chips and salsa and dip, and a veggie tray! Oh, and don't forget the yummy apples and dip!
 Sweets Table
 Pretzel Thingys (Good name eh?
 Sugar Cookies (I'm not the best froster in the world!)
Chips and Veggies :)
It was a super fun party, and I'm so sad that we forgot to take pictures! We had a little white elephant gift exchange, and played telephone charades! If you ever need a fun game for a party, ask me how to play it! It's a keeper! :) Our friends Jessie, Brandon, Aly, Bryant, Aly, Danny, Tristan, Adam, Marshall, and Carli came! It was super low key, but great! Thanks for the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment