Thursday, July 19, 2012

6 months old!!!

I can't believe how time flies. Jaxon is already 6 months old. Half a year! WHAT? I can't believe that I've been his mommy for so long! I never knew how happy I really could be either. He is wonderful. He makes my world go round. I mean, look at him...
We went to the Doctor today for his well baby check up, and he is looking good and developing great! Here are some stats for this little man:
-Jaxon weighs 15.5 lbs. He's in the 14th percentile (He dropped from the 24th to the 14th)
-Jaxon is 25.2 inches long. He's in the 11th percentile (shorty!)
-His head circumference is 43.6 cm around. That's the 46th percentile.
-In other words he has a big head for how tiny and short he is! 
-Jaxon started rolling to his tummy about 3 weeks ago
-He scoot around the house on his back. It's very funny. He lifts his bum up and scoots backwards.
-He can sit up with a little support. He leans on his hands. Only lasts about 2 minutes though.
-He is in size 2 diapers still
-He is still wearing 3-6 month clothes. He finally outgrew size 3 months, and is starting to wear a few 6-9 clothing
-He sleeps 12 hours at night
-He still isn't the best napper. He usually has a good 2 hour nap in the morning, then 2-3 shorter naps throughout the day
-He eats solids 2x a day. Usually a fruit in the morning, and a veggie and cereal for dinner
-We are starting to supplement with formula. I work full time, and it's hard to keep up the milk production!
-He is VERY aware of the world. Very observant
-He doesn't like avocados or peas. But we are working on it.
-He loves the tags on all his toys and blanket. Usually he ignores the toy, and plays with the tag!
-He puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. 
-He loves his feet
-He recognizes mommy and daddy, and is starting to have a little separation anxiety. He used to fall asleep without crying at all, and now he cries for a few minutes
-He just started making new sounds this week like "da" and "ga" and really loving to talk instead of just making an ahhhh sound. :)

We had a 6 month photo shoot done last week, we get the pictures tomorrow! I can't wait to show them off! (Yes, he was HORRIBLE the entire shoot. I've never seen him cry so much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment