Thursday, October 27, 2011

26 weeks today!

26 weeks. Yes, that's right. 26 weeks. CRAZY. Baby could be here so soon! (hopefully he stays in there another 10 weeks at least!) It's going by so quickly, and I feel like I have so much to do, but can't start doing it until Thanksgiving.... We have decided on a name for this little one, but aren't letting it out yet. I've already painted his letters for his room, and the crib and changing table have been set up for months :) It's just too cute. I love walking in his room! We will be painting the walls Restoration Hardware Atmosphere Blue (THANK YOU EMILY FOR HAVING SUCH GREAT TASTE AND LETTING ME COPY YOU!) over Thanksgiving, then I feel I can put the furniture where I want it, and hang up the letters :)

This past week I've been SO tired. I feel like I'm in my first trimester again! And my back has been killing me. If I am up and about for more than 4 hours at a time, I waddle around because I'm in so much pain. I guess this is probably because I'm almost to my third trimester!!! My one book says 27 weeks is third trimester, my other book says 28... so I'm counting it at 27 weeks!!! Other than that, I've been feeling so good! I feel him kick me hundreds of times a day, and I love it. I just love him SO much already, and can't wait to actually get to meet him!!! I think he had the hiccups today... but I'm not sure... It was like a little convulsing in my tummy... maybe he was just SUPER active... but I'm claiming it's the hiccups!

I go in for my next apt on Thursday. I'm scared to see my weight gain! I haven't gained any in about 2 weeks, but that could change! I've officially gained  2 pounds from my starting weight. I also have the MISERABLE glucose test next week, and am not looking forward to it! I don't know if I have to do the 1 hour, or the 3 hour, but either way, YUCK.

 Church one day at 24.5 weeks
25 weeks. I like that you can tell from the front now!!! :)

Greg and I also went on a date with some friends 2 weeks ago, and carved pumpkins!!! We went to Diegos, and then bought pumpkins, and carved them at our house! It was super fun. She is also having a baby boy that's due in February (but you can't even tell! She's still so tiny and cute). Here are some pictures... 

Me and Aly!

Life is good right now! Greg is so smart! He got a 100 on a midterm, and did excellent on a research case. I'm so proud of all his hard work :) I'm moving in 5 weeks, and can't wait! I'm going to miss my sweet husband though, cause he can't come until 3 weeks later.... Before then, I have a baby shower to attend for myself :), Thanksgiving with the in-laws, and a lot of packing and washing of baby clothes! It's going to go by so fast! Can't wait!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the update!! You really are so close. For some reason 26 weeks seems super far along. Such a fun time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you aren't too far behind!! It's going by so quick, yet so slow! This last week felt FOREVER lol... (probably cause I started telling people I was 26 weeks on sunday hahaha)

    ReplyDelete