YEAH! It is officially... 25... days until Christmas! My mom and dad and two little brothers are coming to Utah this year to see the Newlyweds :) YEAH! They love us! :) ......Anyways......
thanksgiving: So, normally every year I go to Puerto Vallarta Mexico for Thanksgiving. I have done that the past 12 years of my life or so. Well, this year because I got married, Greg and I are too Poor to get to go! Haha. Anyways, so this year I spent it a little differently. Greg and I spent the day at my Aunt Jennifer and my Uncle Kirk's house. We watched the Dallas Cowboy game, ate wonderful food, and talked with my family. Of course my cute grandma and grandpa were there so that was awesome!
Afterwards, we decided we just had to see the movie "The Blind Side" so headed off to the theaters. Well, I guess everyone else and their moms decided they needed to see that movie as well. So, EVERY SINGLE SHOWING was sold out for the whole night... NO WORRIES... we pulled out the Super Nintendo and played for quite some time. We played some Diddy Kong, I kicked his butt in Tetris, and jumped through Mario World. After that we spent the night playing card games and laughing. I sure do love him.
This week I was dying to decorate our little home with Christmas stuff! So, tonight I had some time and did it! We don't have much, but it sure is cute for our first Christmas together :) So, I went to Wal-Mart and got some great deals. Normally I DESPISE walmart. But today was actually a good experience! It wasn't crowded at all, and I found everything I needed! They had a 6 foot pre-lit tree for 35 dollars. They had the cutest nativity set for 15 (see pictures below) They had a ton of gold balls for 5 dollars for a pack of 12. They were all decorated and so pretty! I love everything I got! I even bought two ornaments.
Decorating was tough. I shattered a light bulb, so the rest of the strand around the door now doesn't work. Not only that, but then I decided I would step right where I shattered it, so I got a nasty piece of glass in my foot. Got the charming opportunity to dig that out. Then dropped a huge box of push pins all over the ground. WOW. Anyways, our apartment looks all Christmassy!!!! I cannot wait until Christmas when Greg and I get to spend the whole day with our families remembering the day Jesus was born!
25 days!
The final product: (look we even have gifts already!)
The cutest little Santa my mom got me!
Our first Nativity Set. I think we will have to keep it forever :)
We are so in love and so happy. Just look :) This is us after getting stuffed on Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment